Ok I have read the books. They are my favorite all time books and yes I want to be burried with them! I fell in love with Tolkien's world in 9th grade when I was asigned the Hobbit for a class reading. Since then I have purchased at least 4 sets over time of the trilogy and a couple of the Hobbit. I read them every fall. I may have missed a few years but I think I have read them about 30 times. I love fantasy, but I have enjoyed few books, well no other books, the way I have the LOTR. Lothlorien is my dream place and my favorite part of the book. Like watching Its A wonderful Life every Christmas, reading LOTR every fall is like visiting old friends.

If I could have met anyone in the world living or deceased, Tolkien would be on my list next to Titian and Van Gogh. I have also read the Silmarilian but that was more like muddling through the Bible. It is by all accounts Tokiens Bible. I have audio tapes and have seen the few cartoon versions as well, including Ralph Bashki's version. That started out good then fizzled half way.

So far I think the movies are pretty good for effects and filming location. I think the characters for the most part, are done fairly well. Though Frodo should be a young 50, Sam I didn't picture like that at all, but Legolas, Gimli, Gandalf and Aragorn were all pretty good. Boromir was also well done, but Faramir so far is a big dissapointment. Also I don't like what they did with Merry and Pippin.

I wish they stayed with the story and didn't veer off from the books as much as they did. But I am still enjoying them somewhat. I give the director credit for attempting such a HUGE job. I wish I could have been part of the backdrop in the film. Too bad I live on the other side of the world<g> Anyway, I wonder if there are many fans as big of a fan as I am. Oh and I do own a ring<g> Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"