Although I think I could watch it for ever, I think it would reach only until season 5 or 6, maximum 7(although I doubt it).

I think that the child wouldn't be a problem, at first. Actually, it would be interesting. Think of how many adventures would they have to live: A-plots, like villains wanting to kidnap him/her, or B-plots, like L&C learning how to deal with a baby.
But, after two more seasons, *someone* would get bored anyway. DC, TH, the producer, the script-writers... Most people don't want to feel like trapped in one project forever, they want to try new things. So L&C would turn into a prison for them.
Lack of A-plots is not such a big problem, imho. It could be easily solved with hiring new writers (some of us, maybe??? smile ). There are so many crimes to commit and soooooooooooo many ways to commit them, and the good but old minds behind the scripts wouldn't be able to think of them. No offense, of course, but every mind has its limits.

I also think that we could see a few (or more) episodes about Utopia, how it was created and stuff like that.

In any case, I think cutting it in the 4th season was not such a smart move. It could have lasted longer. Maybe not much longer, but longer.

AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...