Is it under any sort of warranty still? You could always take it in if you must... though I certainly hope you don't go to Staples if you do. Awful customer service. I think Best Buy will take a look at it without charging you but won't fix it without $. But that's still better than Staples. (Can you tell I've had problems with them? Or am I being too subtle? :rolleyes: )

The reason I ask about this is that many warranty programs will become voided if you tamper with the HD of your computer. SO just be sure that's not the route you want to go before messing with screws. Otherwise, I would think (if none of the things that have been mentioned above are working, which you indicate they are not) you might have to do a complete HD reformat. But, again, last resort. Maybe let it sit for a while, , go get yourself some food and come back to it afterwards. (I know when I'm stressed I don't eat and low blood sugar makes everything seem like the end of the world.) Or take it in to someone who knows more about computers than me. :p

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain