I've googled around for a solution but haven't found anything that helped...

Someone I knew gave me his old phone before leaving town (not as sketchy as I just made it sound, haha). It's a Motorola qh9. I did a hard reset, and unlocked it (with an unlock code) to make it work with other providers, because I'm with Fido and it's a Rogers phone.

Anyway, now, if I put my SIM card in it, I can make calls and text, but it won't connect to the internet. IE says "connection has been reset by the remote party" and Opera says "Could not establish network connection."

I checked the connections, deleted the proxies (this is what some forums seemed to think would help), and made sure the GPRS was set to connect to "The Internet". Other than that, I have no idea what else to try.

A few forums suggested applying registry changes, but I'm not sure how to even go about that. (I'm not really worried about messing up the phone too much. I can always do a hard reset again, and if the internet won't work I'd rather keep using my non-"smartphone" anyway... at least it connects to the internet!)

Thanks for any insight into this, though I realise it might be a long shot.

Julie smile (who is, yes, addicted to the internet)

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)