(Is this the right place for this?)

So, I've been thinking about making a tutorial about how I rip video clips from DVDs and make them AVI files. I'd try to make it as simple as I could, since that's the best way I seem to learn...

The only thing is, I don't know if it would work in Mac computers, or anything nonWindows, or maybe it would but with bigger files? Hmmm...

Well, if there's any interest please let me know! I also found a way to use one of the programs to get individual clips from the larger AVI files, so yay!

Programs that would be in there:

DVDShrink
Virtual Dub
WMP9 VCM Codec

And since the avi files that come from there don't really like to reverse in Sony Vegas (the editor I use) I'd prolly go over DVDx a little bit.

And the good thing is, the video clips would run about 5 MB each, depending on how long the clip is of course, instead of the 50 MB it could using another program...

And the good thing is that the above files mentioned are freeware (I believe?), so yay! All they would cost is a little bit of room on your harddrive.

Okay, I'm rambling now, aren't I?

So yeah, if there's any interest, please let me know! And there are probably easier and even better ways out there, but I'm quite fond of this one, really. laugh

(I'd probably make it even if there seemed to be no interest, but I was just curious...)

Mmm cheese.

I vid, therefor I am.

The hardest lesson is that love can be so fair to some, and so cruel to others. Even those who would be gods.

Anne Shirley: I'm glad you spell your name with a "K." Katherine with a "K" is so much more alluring than Catherine with a "C." A "C" always looks so smug.
Me: *cries*