Okay, so I've got this fancy new computer, and I've been playing around with all the new programs... but it's one of the old ones that's making me tear my hair out. Okay, no actual hair loss, but it's annoying laugh

Anyway... when I "open file" from inside Word, it opens up just to "My Documents" -- how do I get that to change to opening in one of my sub-folders?

And is there anyway to set up the sort function to keep subfolders on top, with most recent files underneath?? I've got this whole tree of subfolders set up to organize my files, but it doesn't want to show me the subfolders at the top of the list -- or at any rate, the subfolders sort along with the oldest files! Arrgh.

In general, I'm finding file management to be annoying in XP... any tricks or tips? Or do I need to forget everything I think I know and learn a whole new way to keep track of my thousands of .doc and text files?? help

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K