Originally posted by VirginiaR:
The end of the world is now upon us!

How about this Darth Vader Clip that they're already using to promote / celebrate the sale? Scary.

Movie companies just don't know when to leave something well alone. It's more likely to ruin a brand than to promote it (like what I imagine happened to Superman brand after S-III and S-IV came out in the early 80s or that Star Wars Christmas special). I wouldn't mind seeing more Indy films starring "Mutt". That could be fun, but doubtful, but if I wanted to know what happened to Han, Leia, and Luke, I'd read the 1001 novels written about it.

Glad to hear that the original (unedited) films will be released in DVD (as I don't know how much longer my VCR will hold out).
I don't know, I've seen some really decent animated movies by DC that are derivatives of the comics (my favorite example is "Superman vs. the Elite" which is based upon the comic "What's so Wrong with Truth, Justice and the American Way?") Perhaps this will mean that some of those books end up adapted for animated universes. I might be able to live with that (admittedly, I didn't even SEE the episodes 1-3 even though I made sure to see one of the four on the screen on my birthday when it came back out.)

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)