I agree that it definitely would skew your results depending on the appearance and dress of the hugger. (Oh, Mouse, you hotty, you.) Would a dirty homeless man tempt you to hug more than Dean Cain (dressed as Clark Kent)? I'm guessing NOT! If you were a man and the hugger looked like Teri Hatcher (or Cat Grant or Mindy Church), he'd be more likely to hug her than if she looked like a toothless, greasy heroine addict. I'm guessing the only stranger I'd consider hugging would be a grandmother type or one who reminded me of a mom, because they'd seem safer than just an average joe / jane, or possibly one who was a teenage girl. But like Labrat, the thought of hugging a stranger makes me feel uncomfortable. I don't even like hugging people that I've met at a party or dinner at the end of the evening. Hugging, IMO, is for close friends, family, and small children, not for aquaintances or stangers. That's what handshakes are for. Don't even get me started on the even more uncomfortable cheek-kiss. :p

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.