Nan, I loved this beginning. As others have said, you do a wonderful job portraying Ellen in a very believable way. She makes no apologies for her suspicions about Clark's disappearances (and it will be fun to see if she reacts with pique at not being let in on the secret earlier, embarrassment that she couldn't have been more wrong about why Clark disappears, excitement to realize that her son-in-law is Superman [I doubt this one wink ] or just in her own Ellen-like way!), and yet her apology to Lois about upsetting the children was very in character and realistic.

I loved the way Clark looked her in the eye and was so direct during their coffee date (I couldn't resist calling it a date laugh ). And the introduction of Candy was very interesting.

I think we're all supposed to bet on the janitor, but Nan is good at planting red herrings, so I'm going to wait to see what happens next. smile

Vicki (who thinks it's funny that the Daily Planet seems to have a knack for hiring exotically dressed society columnists wink )

The world is made up of three kinds of people: those who can count, and those who can't.