Originally posted by Mouserocks:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Deadly Chakram:
<strong> Oh, can I be in the notebook-toting club? Just a few weeks ago, I bought a tiny little notebook at the dollar store to keep in my purse so that I always have one handy to jot down story notes in. So far, the book still has nothing in it - I haven't been inspired "on the run" so everything has just be typed up on my laptop - except for the ideas I get while at the gym.

My facebook status the other day was "Why yes, I *am* the type of girl who develops story ideas while running on the treadmill and listening to the Trans Siberian Orchestra."

Also:

You have a file on your computer titled "Story Ideas" (or some variation).

You wonder how it is possible to actually write all of those stories in the next year.

You think of a phrase (or hear a phrase someplace) and think "That would be a fabulous story title!"

Even mundane tasks can inspire you - "Oh, I should write a story about Clark's mishaps while BBQing!"

"Sleep? What's sleep? I need to finish writing this chapter!"

You watch a tv show/movie and immediately start thinking about how to work it in as a crossover story. (Believe it or not, but I've wondered about writing a Mythbusters/LnC story, which I will probably never actually write.)

You've had so much fun crafting a story, that it gets to be really sad when you finally finish it and have to move on - like saying goodbye to a friend in a way.

You constantly roam the challenge boards looking to see if any fic ideas strike you.
clap You have officially been inducted to the notebook club... we don't have jackets yet, but the idea for them has been written down in a notebook somewhere... And the gym, as much as I love it, is the devil for me. I tend to think best and come up with stories when I'm running.
And seriously, stop hijacking my computer! laugh laugh devil

*minimizes her own "Story Ideas" file*

Mouse - would you laugh if I said that most of "What Is Eternal" shaped itself while I was at the gym and on the treadmill? Or is that just too strange, since it is kind of a dark piece?

Oooh, membership jackets! I approve! (But not as much as I approve of shirtless Clark pics!)

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon