Feelings...nothing more than...feelings.

Seriously, I hope you do have a good turnout, and I'm only sorry I can't participate this year. Funnily enough, I had signed up with Jenn, and right after she canceled...I got my eviction notice, so I unfortunately do not know what my address is going to be in December/January yet. Best of luck. smile

Not trying to pick a fight, but honestly it seems hardly necessary to publicly announce distrust, especially to a semi-anonymous online community. If there's about to be a problem, why not settle it privately or message any friends you might be concerned about. There's always going to be a risk sending information over the internet. I whole-heartedly agree that the collector of the information certainly plays a factor, but the degree of vocality in any online group isn't an automatic ticket to the land of comfort.

I'm not trying to paint all of us as axe murders hiding behind the ficus, but people know the risks by default of joining a semi-anonymous online community. There are many vocal and quiet people whose real names we'll never know, whose houses we aren't getting invited to anytime soon. (House party, anyone? goofy ) I'm not about to declare myself or anyone else more trustworthy than member #124 or #1001 just because some of us like to write or hear the sounds of our own voices.

Anyway I always wish all of you well in your efforts and encourage a touch of privacy in settling your concerns. We do have admins hanging around for a reason. They kind of committed themselves to making sure the axe murderers keep themselves in check every once and a while.

Long Live Lurkdom,
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy