Thanks, Carol! But I'm afraid that even the power of duct tape has its limits. wink

Yes, I do agree, Wendy - lots of fuss, lots of hype. Part of this is because one of the owners/creators is active in fandom herself, I think.

It may be that Dreamwidth will just turn out to be another InsaneJournal or GreatestJournal or Journalfen, with few people making the switch from LJ fandom. But I think it really does have staying power, because DW is built upon customer satisfaction to make a profit, rather than advertising or the like.

Also, those extended entry lengths are really, really useful. smile I run a more-or-less quarterly mini-ficathon, and the last one took place shortly after DW went into closed beta. It was an absolute pleasure to be able to archive all 26 ficlets in a single entry! By contrast, on LJ, I have to excerpt longer fics and link to their owners' own LJs for the rest of the story.

I'm not leaving LJ - I like my corner of fandom too much - but I do see Dreamwidth as potentially being a real success. So those codes are still available, if anyone wants them!

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827