The first picture that you have linked in from the Superman/Doomsday Animated DVD which came out a couple years back. The animation style was done differently than the animated television series and they used different voice talents, but the production crew was pretty much the same. Bruce Timm was in charge.

Personally, I wasn't very impressed with it. I thought the drawings were not nearly as well done as the TV series had been. Being familiar with the original 'Death of Superman' storyline, I was very disappointed in the significant deviations this DVD made in the plotline. There were too many parts which seemed contrived and unnecessarily convoluted. Luthor was not a major player in the original story, but it must have been felt that he had to be in the DVD.

The DVD is still available in your local stores that specialize in such.

The second image you linked was from one of the Superman comic books based on the animated series and aimed at kids. There have been several creative teams on the book over the years, but the consistant theme was accessability to a younger audience. The 'look' was consistant with the televised animated series, and the storylines were less complex. The Lois and Clark relationship was more 'old fashioned'. Lois had 'feelings' for Superman, but considered Clark just a friendly collegue.

The Animated Series is available on DVD sets. There is also a stand-alone story available on DVD called Superman/Batman The Brave and the Bold. It's a fun story and I highly reccomend it.

Tank (who has always had a soft spot for Dana Delaney, who does the voice in the animated series, as Lois Lane)