If Obama has very much more money to spend than Obama before the November election, I take that to mean that those who can afford to give a lot of money to presidential candidates, the very richest Americans, have chosen to support Obama over McCain. I find that interesting.
Actually, I believe it's almost exactly the opposite, Ann.

As I understand it, the bulk of Obama's cash came from the fact that he was extremely savvy with a fundraising campaign on his website.

Rather than go for the usual large donations from vested interests and rich donors, much of his cash (though not all) came from large quantities of small amounts from ordinary Americans - certainly not the richest in any sense of the word. A few dollars here and a few dollars there mount up when enough people are giving. And apparently a huge amount did.

He also benefited from not signing up to accepting public funding - which meant that he didn't have to legally accept a limit on donations, but could raise as much as he liked.

McCain, otoh, did accept public funding and has therefore been stuck with only being able to raise cash up to a certain limit - which has left him badly trailing Obama in the money stakes.

All entirely legal - just one candidate being more cunning than the other really. I suspect that many more candidates - Republican and Democrats - will be fundraising to Obama's model in the future. wink

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers