Good point - that's an interesting idea and it makes a lot of sense. One of the neat things about time travel, tucked in among all the paradoxes, is that something like that could happen, bringing them back to the present later than when they left, but in time to "fulfill" the future's story of the day of Superman's debut.

Of course, they could also return at that time but still have their memories of events. They've been fast-forwarded in time, and their relationship has been fast-forwarded as a result. They've gone from Lois's awe of this strikingly different man, to a CK=S revelation, to a return of Lois's initial behavior to Clark, to disbelief at what they are seeing and hearing around them, to acceptance and love in the most recent parts.

We've seen some nice things and some unappealing things about Utopia. The Superman museum is over-the-top. A museum dedicated to Superman is, in itself, not actually that hard to believe, as it's the sort of thing humanity would do for someone universally admired. Even having actors role-playing parts isn't necessarily a bad thing, or unexpected, really. But this particular museum is so theatrical, so overdone...

If Lois and Clark make it back to their time with their memories of recent events intact, their fast-forwarded relationship may not harm the time line. Yes, it's happened sooner, but the end result looks like it'll be the same - the founding of a family responsible for bettering the future. And frankly, forwarned is forearmed - maybe they'd be able to dilute some of the stuff that makes the current Utopia a bit unappealing.

Poor old Tempus may actually end up doing Utopia a favor goofy .

~Toc

TicAndToc :o)

------

"I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three."
-Elayne Boosler