So, a few people have commented about how dead the boards have been lately, and I was wondering what our various excuses were. At the very least, this thread will make the boards not-so-dead.

I hope.

Anyway, here's my excuse:

I usually only read the fic and reply to other topics that seem interesting, or that give me something to say. I try to FDK the fic I read, but don't always get to it before I get distracted by something else, so even if I really liked the fic, I might forget to FDK, and that's at least one post every day or two that doesn't get made.

Add to that, I'm working on the next chapter (6) of PPKM (it's 10 pages long so far, and I'm ALMOST finished, then it'll be my betas' turns--see my signature for a link to the TOC), and it's coming along, but slowly.

I'm in a place where there's a lot of (necessary, I think) exposition that can't wait until later in the story, and I'm trying to work my way to the other side so that I can get back to the actual plot (read: the interesting stuff), but for the longest time, I had pretty much written myself into a corner. I knew where I wanted to go with the story, but I didn't have any stepping stones to get across the creek, so to speak. Only recently, when I kept the file open 24/7, staring at me day in and day out, was I able to think it through.

Anyway, once the chapter is finished (only one or two scenes of unknown length to go), I'll post that, update the TOC, post the FDK thread, and hopefully get started on chapter 7 (possibly after a break to enjoy the boards a bit more, but I seem to be on a roll, and if taking a break will mess that up, I'll just keep on pluggin' with the story).

Plus, this past Tuesday, I started taking that astronomy class I've always wanted to take, but that doesn't take up as much time as I thought it would, and I've been contributing to the silence since before then anyway.

So, what's your excuse (like mine), your justification, or your legitimate reason, for contributing to the deadness of the boards? Anyone else feel like sharing?

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place