Romance novels aren't something I read a whole lot of, but I have a small number of authors/books that have been recommended to me over the years that sit on my book shelves among all the horror and thrillers and SF laugh and which I've read more than once.

My favourite ever has to be Lord of Scoundrels by Loretta Chase.

Not only is it steamy and WAFFy, but it had me ROTFLing all the way through and I read it in one afternoon. I was literally crying with laughter at points. The banter between heroine and hero is hilarious and she drives the poor soul to utter distraction. It reminded me a lot of LNC.

I also loved Mary Jo Putney's Thunder and Roses.

I can see why Wendy (and I assume many others) would have issues with Judith McNaught, but I do have to say that her A Kingdom of Dreams and most especially Whitney, My Love are huge favourites of mine. I do understand the problem with her novels, but I, too, enjoy the whole angsty path her characters have to take to true love. Even though part of me does usually want to kick the hero somewhere delicate along the way. goofy

I've also got two novels by Elizabeth Chadwick in my collection - The Love Knot and The Marsh King's Daughter - which are set in medieval times and which I enjoyed very much.

Hey, this was fun. Maybe we need more threads like this for other genres. <g> Thrillers, anyone?

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers