Sorry I haven't been commenting (other than that quick email), and haven't really been keeping an eye on the folders, either.

I did happen to glance at this one, though, to read your latest post. Not sure why.

Anyway, I'm just dropping by to say that, not having read the comments folders, your explanation of why Clark wasn't recognized is pretty much exactly what I thought of when I saw it happening. Well, that and the fact that it's more or less cannon that Clark slouches and makes less of himself when he's Clark (as opposed to larger-than-life Superman). Like when Lois was comparing the two in the pilot. I think that's the scene where she states that she thinks Superman is taller than Clark.

I figured they'd gotten used to thinking of Clark as Superman, this god-like being, and seeing the nervous inexperienced version would throw them off. Actually, I thought that back when I noticed Lois was "the Lois who looks exactly like Lois" but that Clark wasn't.

Personally, I thought it was a nice touch. I like it even better now that you add the bit about Clark having kept something to himself all this time.

So... good job. I, for one, like it (and the rest of the story) just the way it is. smile

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.