Cheater!

I mean Sara, I think. Although it might apply to CC as well.

I just read parts 6 and 7, and even after reading two parts in sequence, not nearly enough. These parts are too SHORT!

So you either need to make them longer, or post them more often. Or both. goofy

His resemblance to Clark Kent had been good, if not a bit more subtle. He was smaller than the original, maybe. Shorter, less... something.
Wonderful! It even works 200 years after the fact! rotflol Wow, you like Andrus about as much as Hazel likes Wells! I always thought he was rather sweet . . . and looks really odd without glasses. wink

And she hadn’t factored in the possibility of Tempus acquiring new technology they were unaware of. The ring was being studied by the department’s greatest minds, and thus far they couldn’t figure it out. Not its origin, or how it operated, least of all, how to recreate the beam Tempus had used and magically fix everything.

Pity, that.
Such a talent for understatement! laugh

The last scene is pure gold. Absolutely wonderful! And capped off with this
“I won’t leave you,” he promised.

The tension melted from her. She was far more relaxed by those words than it made sense to be.

So, she probably should have clarified things for him, for them both, just so he wouldn’t get the wrong idea. Instead she turned her palm over and threaded her fingers through his.

“Good,” he whispered. “Sleep well, Lois.”

And she did. Only dimly registering the warm body which eventually came to lie beside her, or the hand that never left hers.
*happy sigh*

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun