Paul, it sounds like you're offended by what was posted in the Live Earth Thread. Since I started the thread and added an additional post I want to assure you that I meant my questions seriously. I'd just been wandering around my usual news sites, looking for some hard stats on the Live Earth concert and not finding any.

I take climate change and environmental irresponsibility very seriously, and so have been concerned with the shallowness of most of the media coverage of Live Earth that I have seen and read. Next to no analysis of the eco-costs of the concert itself but, instead, what appear to be self-congratualtionatory press releases by the organizers.

This is too serious an issue for that.

Unless, of course, I've misunderstood the thrust of your post, Paul, and what you are concerned about is the lack of humor evident in the Live Earth Event? Or our lack of humour in taking the event seriously? Not sure.

Anyway, I didn't mean to offend anyone by asking a few questions. As one of your Presidents said:
A person who asks a question is a fool for a moment but a person who never asks a question is a fool for a lifetime.

c.