Congratulations!

I was a bridesmaid a few years ago for my best friend... she actually asked me to be her maid of honor. I was flattered, but do to school commitments and distance I couldn't be in the area enough to take on that responsibility. I recommend taking that into account when you pick your maid of honor and bridesmaid(s).

She had a big wedding with nearly 300 people, five bridesmaids, maid of honor, and the equivalent number of groomsmen and best man. She and her fiance let their families keep adding to the wedding party because, "Oh! He/she had to be in it!" The familes kept adding people that they had never heard of because they were, "your 8th cousin by marriage, etc." DON'T let your parents take over YOUR wedding.

My best friend also had her wedding in this gorgeous Catholic Church, with gold accents, murals all over the walls and ceiling (honestly, it like a mini version of the Sistene Chapel). Then her reception was in a banquet hall about twenty minutes away.

My neighbor got married and had a small wedding with just about 100 people. She had a package deal with the wedding location and reception. The alter had a backdrop of a river valley and the reception hall was within fifty feet on the same property. The building was remodeled to look like a small castle.

Another friend got married in a small garden gazeba on the beach (public beach) and the reception was held about fifty feet away in a reception hall that our city rents out to people. She had a buffet style dinner.

From Pheremone, My Lovely:

Clark: Lois! Please! Get a grip!
Lois: Believe me, I’d love to!