I liked it. I even liked some of the one liners. I even laughed in a few places.

But I wasn't that taken with the story line, I got tired of Shakespeare culling his own quotes from the doctor pretty quickly, I thought the witches were amazingly cliche-looking, and I wasn't very impressed with the set, which looked... well... not as robust as some of the others that have been used in the last couple of years. (Dare I say, I miss seeing Canary Wharf and Cardiff? wink At least when they show the Cardiff docks, I can play spot the landmark and hope to catch a glimpse of my friend's house. One of these days...)

But I didn't love the episode and, now, having read some of the comments here, I'm wondering what is wrong with me! I think I might have to watch the episode for a second time, just to make sure that my initial response was the right one. wink

Okay, so I like Martha, which has rather surprised me, given how much of my pleasure during the last two series has been based on the strong supporting cast.

But so far, I am not getting the same kind of 'buzz' that I've had with the past two series. Plus, if this means anything, nobody has mentioned the new series at work yet, and last year and the year before the episodes were unfailingly the stuff of water-cooler gossip.

Chris