Well, I have to confess that I just totally loved this one.

Loved the whole running joke about Shakespeare nicking lines of dialogue quoted by the Doctor and the Doctor's responses when he did. "You can't it's someone's else's", "You can have that one!". goofy

Loved the little bit of Martha/Doctor ship and the whole naming of Rose thing - "That's a name that just keeps me fighting!" <waffy sigh> And just enjoying Martha generally. I love her wide-eyed, throwing herself into the void thing she has going, where she's just so full on excited to be on this great adventure and loving every minute of it.

It didn't hurt that Shakespeare was pretty hot. <g> And the witches were enjoyable villains.

Also, lots of fun one liners and humour throughout - I rotflol rotflol a lot. I thought the "57 academics" line was hysterical. I just about broke a rib laughing at that.

A couple of small quibbles where the historical niceties. The tavern maid put the Doctor and Martha into the same room for the night? I don't think so! And it was strange that no one paid any attention to Martha walking down the street, dressed as scandalously as she was for the time. But those are very minor things and certainly didn't detract from my enjoyment.

Definitely one of my favourites. What did everyone else think?

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers