I hesitate to admit it as a Scot goofy but New Year has never been much of an occasion for me. Even going back to when I was a kid, it always struck me as being a somewhat pointless exercise.

I was never a party animal, so that was probably part of the reason it never engaged me. Stuart isn't either. And I spend quite a few of them on my own anyway, if Stuart's on duty. So these days it's never really anything more than a normal evening. We don't get in any special eats for dinner, but we do get some nibbles and maybe some wine. (These days, boringly, I tend to be just as happy drinking soda or non-alcoholic fruit drinks than anything with alcohol, so sometimes I'll just get Shloer or Ginger Ale instead.)

This year, I was in bed by ten. But that was mostly because we both came down with a nasty bit of flu right after Christmas and I'm still feeling poorly. But in any year, I'd go to bed when I felt like it, whether it was before midnight or after. Most times if it's after midnight, I'll be watching one of the channels which doesn't have a schedule devoted to 'the bells' or a DVD or have the TV off and will be listening to music and reading and will probably not even notice midnight has come and gone.

So pretty much a non-event all round. Christmas is the holiday for us at this time of year. That's the one I invest all my emotions and fun into. smile

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers