Hey, just another homeschooler chiming in...I'm expecting number 4 kid currently, so I've not been on the boards as much lately as I was before, but still thought I'd pipe up just to say how cool I think it is to see other homeschoolers on the mbs I have other things in common with. My oldest is in 4th grade this year, and second child is starting kindergarten. We have a 1 yr old who will be 2 this fall when our new baby comes. Needless to say, we are a busy bunch.

That is too funny about the Romeo and Juliet story. I read that same story to my kids last spring--I have the E. Nesbit book also. My daughter begged me to read Hamlet because part of the story was in the history curriculum we're doing, and she couldn't bear to not know how it ended. We are following the Story of the World and are starting Vol. 3 this year. I am enjoying it as much as my children are. History and Science are their favorite subjects. And they love hearing the Narnia stories as well. I try to read to my kids alot, as I like alot of Charlotte Mason's ideas about homeschooling, as well as the classical method.

OH well, that's all I had to add.
Marcy

(Elrond's blessing at the departure of the company from Rivendell)

"Farewell, and may the blessing of Elves and Men and all Free Folk go with you.
May the stars shine upon your faces!"
-Lord of the Rings, J.R.R. Tolkien