Speaking as an employer here, what gripes me the most is the fact that all my employees get so excited about the Christmas season before it starts and are begging for as many hours as possible. But then, once it gets going, they all have family Christmas events or become ill all at once.
Oh my god. Tell me about it. And what ends up happening is regular people like me get asked to work 11 and 12 hour shifts to cover all those employees' shifts. At least they seem to tell you they're ill, etc. Some people have not even been showing up lately, so their work gets foisted onto unsuspecting victims like me. And speaking for myself, I'm not exactly going to say no just because I actually care about the store I work at. We have like no stock left at the end of every night lately, and I know if I don't stay an extra 5 hours, everyone else is going to be there all night restocking. Especially since half the employees are always new hires who don't know everything yet.

BUT I will say I had a conversation with my assistant store manager tonight. It's great that they think I can do my job well, but I can't keep working open to close. So I'm quite impressed that you've held up on those double digit shifts! Two days of it has just knocked me out!

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy