Okay, I was debating about whether or not to post here, since I know less than nothing about touring Dublin [though I can't recommend the city high enough - absolutely love it smile ] and you didn't ask about any other part of the country :p but what the heck.

If you're going to be down around the south end of the country at all - ie Clare, Limerick [Shannon Airport being in Clare, which is right beside Limerick], then I would definitely recommend a day in the Burren - especially if you're into wildlife and flowers and such smile Try the Tourist Centre at Kilfenora, the sand dunes on the beach at Fanore, and the highlight of the whole trip; Aillwee Cave. It's a great day out, just remember not to pick the flowers - because of the unique landscaping, not only do Irish plants grow there, but also Mediterranean and Alpine ones, and the government here don't like people picking them. Around that region also are the beautiful cliffs of Moher [which, if you're interested, were featured in the Westlife video for "My Love" ] and, if you like the beach, Lahinch has one of the nicest around. Liscannor is a lovely town, as well as Lisdoonvarna.

As for the rest of Munster; Killarney (in County Kerry) is always beautiful at this time of the year, especially the lakes and the Ring of Kerry - a drive which takes you past some breathtaking scenery smile Mucrós or Muckross House and Gardens are always worth a visit; that's also in Killarney. Dingle, in Co. Kerry, reachable by the scenic Connor Pass, has its own claim to fame as well - Fungi, Ireland's favourite dolphin, is a resident at the sea there, and is reachable by boat, although I'm not sure if he's been around lately. There's also a wonderful aquarium. Ballybunion is a gorgeous beach, if that's what you're into, but three words of advice; Bring An Umbrella <g>.

Cork is the largest county in Ireland, and I just adore the city smile Foto Island, also in Cork, is a wonderful wildlife park.

Closer to home for me, Limerick is a great city; King John's Castle is definitely worth a visit, and a bit further out, nearer Shannon Airport, Bunratty Castle and Folk Village [which are actually in Clare, come to think] which you *have* to see <g>. For shopping and the like, I'd recommend the Crescent Shopping Centre, Dooradoyle, "for all your shopping needs" wink Much as I cringe to say it, I wouldn't recommend Tipperary as a tourist hot-spot at all... nothign here remotely worth seeing. Read; field, tree, cow, person, in that order <g>

Quick warning; the weather in Ireland is notoriously changeable. It's great at the moment - the sun is splitting the rocks and it hasn't rained in days - but this could change in the blink of an eye. So be careful you don't get caught out with rain or cold temperatures frown

That's really all I can think of at the moment, Avia - hope this information was/will be somewhat useful, and I really hope you enjoy your stay here! An early failté romhat to you <g>. And do please remember to post or email and tell me how it went! May the road rise to meet you wink

Sara smile [who refuses to comment on the state of the roads, or Irish drivers, come to think <g>]

Death: Easy, Bill. You'll give yourself a heart attack and ruin my vacation.

Meet Joe Black