Where in Ireland? Dublin or Shannon?

If you're flying to Dublin, you've got everything right there, all accessible by public transport. Right from the airport, there's a bus which takes you directly to the city centre, or you can take taxis (just to let you know, where the bus ends up isn't a very nice part of the city. Not dangerous, as such; just a bit run-down, though it's being renovated. A taxi from the airport to the city centre will cost you around €20).

A week or so ago, I put together a list of things to do and places to go in and around Dublin for someone else who might be going there. Since I still have the email, I'll forward it on to you. It's got lots of websites for the places I was mentioning - museums, tours, sightseeing - as well as for the Irish Tourist Board. Dublin's a beautiful city, with a lot of history and also a lot of modern, cosmopolitan life, including nightlife. Music, art, history, theatre, cinema, pubs, shopping, scenery, friendly people - it's got it all. smile

Public transport is okay. There are buses all around the city, and you'll get route maps from hotels, the tourist office (which is right on O'Connell St, in the middle of the city), newsagents and from Dublin Bus itself (also on O'Connell St). There's also the Dart - light railway - which runs around Dublin Bay; terrific views. Lots of taxis, too, and they're not rip-off prices.

Email will be on its way in a minute or two. Have a terrific time! Oh, and if it's Shannon you're going to, talk to Sara/Sorcha; she's from that general area of the country, while I'm from Dublin.

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*