I absolutely loved it and so did Hubby. Much better than any of the previous Batman movies. Also more involving than "Sith". My comments pretty much echo everyone elseses except for a few differences.
Liam Neeson was very good, but he is forever "Rob Roy" for me.
I never saw "Dawsons Creek", so had never seen Katie Holmes. She did better than I expected her to after all the "TomKat" hype. Interesting her character was "Rachel Daws."
Ditto on not being able to see the fight scenes.
I loved driving the car under the waterfall to the Batcave.
I loved the primitive Batcave and the historical background of use in the Underground Railway.
I loved the background with Jim Gordon. I had to check the credits to see that was really Gary Oldman. Such a departure for him.
I loved the way the tools of the trade were developed with the Bat shaped sirikin, the spelunking gear and the memory fabric for the winged glider. That meant a lot more than naming something the "Batknuckler" or somesuch.
I loved Christian Bale. He did a great job and is smooth in the tuxedo. One interesting thing to me was that one time as Batman he told off one of the bad guys (I think the bad cop but could be wrong) and showed a lot of teeth. He almost looked like a wolf. I thought it was very effective.
I'm looking forward to the sequel.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis