Thanks, Sherry, for steering me away from a huge pitfall!!

Okay, I need to work this out. The heroine is actually divorced, so I might have her ex-husband have a fairly lucrative career that might have allowed them to buy something when they were married, which after the divorce she kept. Do you think it would be believable that she could afford a mortgage payment on an editor's salary? Or maybe I will go with something rent controlled (I always think of Monica and Rachel's apartment on "Friends" that was rent controlled - the only way those two could have afforded such a cool place smile ).

And glad to hear that Bensonhurst is okay. I read in some research something about it being home to some mafia types, and I certainly don't want my hero to have any mafia connotations. In fact, I'm nervous about him even being an Italian guy from Brooklyn because I don't want to put forth any stupid stereotypes. He's definitely not in the mafia!! I love the idea of big family dinners on Sundays. In fact...I'm getting an idea for the perfect scene where the heroine has to meet this huge Italian family...

I can't tell you guys how helpful this is!

Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah