Thanks for the support guys. Yeah I thought about restoration of the Hard Drive, but by the time I realized how much damage was done, my husband had already started reformating the whole system. He said he couldn't get past the "blue screen" when Window's opens, thus no chance to choose the RESTORE option.

As far as
A data recovery service can bring back files lost under all sorts of circumstances, for a fee.
That would be a great idea if I had the extra cash to pay. Unfortunately, I don't yet have the means to bring back five stories I had in progress, it's just not practical, but I appreciate your suggestions in knowing that you are concerned enough to offer the suggestion.

This thing has just got me so torn up. I don't even want to look at that damn PC anymore. I was this close <pinching fingers together> to just ripping the CPU off of the desk and dumping the whole thing in the garbage chute. I've thrown a Sony Playstation off a second floor balcony before, so I figured this wouldn't be much different, but then I figured this was just God's way of telling me to stop writing "adult" fiction and go work out at the free gym in my apartment complex instead.

Anyway thanks again for your kind comments and suggestions and don't forget to back up your stuff on disk.

TEEEEJ