I noticed several of the responses here mention Comcast cable internet as being on the expensive side. If I may ask, what do you consider expensive?

When we lived in Illinois, we had Insight Cable and I paid about $45/month for the cable modem, plus another $50-55/month for digital cable (with no movie channels). It all worked out to about $100/month for both. Considering I had been paying $15/month for dial-up service, plus another $15 for a second phone line, the $45 for the cable modem was well worth it to me. An extra $15/month for major increases in convenience and speed? No problem! smile

Now that we're in Indiana, though, our only high-speed option is SBC/Yahoo DSL, for which I'm paying $27/month. DSL is better than dial-up, but I do miss my cable modem, which I think was equally reliable but faster. (And I miss having digital cable tv, too!)

Comcast has now taken over cable service in our area, and the word is that they will be rewiring the town over the next few months for digital cable tv and internet. All this talk about them being really expensive is giving me pause, though.

Are we talking "expensive compared to dial-up" or "expensive compared to other cable companies"? I'm excited about getting new options, but I'm not looking forward to being ripped off ...

Kathy