Thanks for the replies guys, it's mostly what I came up with myself.

Well, I recommend swimming.
This is probably going to be my next sport. I've always enjoyed it, it won't give me more injuries (unless I don't pay attention in the pool and hit my head wink ), it's not expensive and there's a pool close by.

How about archery?
And become the next Robin Hood? wink That would certainly make sure to keep me busy. I've never been able to figure out how those kids toys work, so it would take me forever to learn with the real things. And whatever sport it's going to be, it won't be competive again. I'll only set goals to high for me and get dissapointed again. So just for the fun!

Ballet and gymnastics
Oh dear! Absolutely fun sports. But ballet is out of the question, it's way too much of a burden for ankles, and I'd like to continue walking. (yes, my ankles are that bad already) Besides, I'm not that lithe. You should have seen me at highschool sometimes when we did gymnastics. blush

Saskia, you're in the perfect country for canoeing or kayaking.
I am? I always thought Belgium was more the country for that, which is quite a drive for me. And I know that it's been practised, but not exactly in my neighboorhood. But maybe I should find more about it on the Net.

I've gotta put my vote in for cycling.
How surprising, Anna. wink It's indeed good for ankles and it won't hurt my knees. Guess that's why I used to go to school and work on my bike. I've recently started cycling to work again. But it certainly depends on what kind of cycling you mean. Racing like those guys on the Tour de France? On a mountainbike? Or the normal kind like the Netherlands are known for? Because I like the latter best. And discovering a bit of the environment here is definately a plus, it's so beautiful here now!

So that leaves only one more suggestion:

Writing fanfic. It's the best sport ever, and only hurts your wrists, fingers and brains. And occasionally your tush when you get disembowelled.
I'm definately worried about my tush then. But if I sport one night a week, there are six left for writing... guess that's why I'm good at procrastinating then. Too much time on my hands smile So I'll try to combine it and save my tush.

Thanks again guys! I think I've almost reached my decision. smile1

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!