Yeah, I liked the old days... and the only "free" long distance calls were 1-800. There was a bit of a downside, though -- I could never remember if Philadelphia was 215 or 205 -- and several times when I tried to call my boyfriend, I did it wrong and disturbed a nice lady down in Arkansas...
You're not the only one, Pam. I was trying to call my mom in Southern Illinois one time about 9 am Eastern. Now, the area code there is 618, but our old street address in Illinois was 619 S. Jackson, so I would occasionally get them confused. I tried calling my mom, and woke up some poor guy in California at 6am PST, which is the 619 area code. eek

Thanks, James, it's been awhile since I've lived in a rural area. And Tank, got two examples for you. The song Jenny (867-530 niiiiiiiiiiine) and Bruce Almighty. Yes, that's a recent movie, and people still called the phone number listed of God even though it was a movie. But FoLCs are smarter, right? wink

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited