It was included in a recent upgrade of IE, IIRC. That's why so many people are getting it now. Stupid Microsoft. I got it at work too, and our computers are dumb terminals there so they are slower then heck. It takes like a minute for a popup to close, and we don't have the control panel there so we can't do anything about it. Grrr...although IT finally fixed it. Hotbar is evil adware, and the fact that Microsoft packages it with their regular upgrade makes it even more evil.

You might want to get SpyBot, which deleted spyware and adware. It's free. You can go to www.download.com and search. Get the current version. You may have to download an upgrade, it froze on my computer at first (I have windows XP), but then I ran the automatic upgrade and it worked. Anyway, I finally got rid of that stupid hotbar thing at home too.

I believe there's a hero in all of us that keeps us honest, gives us strength, makes us noble, and finally allows us to die with pride, even though sometimes we have to be steady and give up the thing we want the most. Even our dreams. -- Aunt May, Spider-Man 2