First off--a huge thank you to everyone who has been reading and/or commenting! I appreciate it so much! I wasn't sure how people would react to such a story, and this is my longest (in terms of pages and time spent) L&C fic so far. Sort of a labor of love! clap Thank you again for reading! clap Especially when the lack of Internet ruined my posting schedule, you all still read on.

Secondly, re: the "think" vs. "thing" - I was trying for a colloquialism--maybe it's correct to say "think," but I had always thought that the phrase was "another thing coming." Or at least that is probably what most people (or Americans?) actually say, regardless whether it's correct. wink

Finally--Regarding the end... I meant the necklace and the sentiments Clark gave to Lois to be sort of like a 'promise ring.' Like, more committment than being "boyfriend and girlfriend," but a little less 'scary' than being engaged. I hope this came out clearly that it's not a direct proposal. It is sort of the same thing. But I wanted to show Clark making a committment to Lois, but doing so in a way that wasn't overstepping the fact that she was probably still quite sensitive (even though she's seen a great deal of improvement). I think the 'M-word' in general scares our Lois, with or without being assaulted. Clark is trying to be careful here--by not scaring her too much, but also expressing how deep his feelings run.

Is that clear?

Thanks again for reading and commenting!
--Wanda laugh

"He's a man. I'm a woman. Do you want me to draw you a diagram?" -Lois Lane, I've Got a Crush on You.