Beast, aka Dr. Hank McCoy, was being interviewed on the tv at the bar where Mystique duped the guard. Gambit , or Remy LeBeau, had a filmed cameo, but it was left on the cutting room floor. His "cameo" was reduced to being a name on the list on the computer that Mystique was looking at when she was trying to get Cerebro's coordinates, along with several other mutant names. The following is from Superheroype.com, but I haven't actually looked closely at the scene in question to see the whole list. I also don't know all of the name-code names.

We all got to see the new footage that was shown in HBO's X2 Preview, but some people may not have caught this...There was a scene where Mystique was going through Striker's Files on his computer, she was scrolling through a list of names and among those names was "Remy LeBeau (Gambit), Jamie Madrox (The Multiple Man)." The full list of names is as follows: Kyle Gloney, Guthrie, Garrison Kane, Remy LeBeau, Artie Maddicks, Jamie Madrox, Xi' an Coy Mahn, Maximoff, Kevin McTaggart, Danielle Moonstar, Ororo Munroe

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited