Ok so two years since I started this project I have an update. After finding out Dean is expected to be at the Superman Celebration in Metropolis, I pulled out the unitard to see if it fit. I didn't last year when I was expecting Solomon so I stopped working on it then. As a result I was trying to figure out how to make the harness. I think I figured out my version of the harness. I have a loop over each shoulder that are going to be attached with snaps or velcro when finished. Not identical to the cape harness, but it will be the same basic idea. The next step (and the most difficult piece overall) is the cape. Hemming the bottom and sides won't be an issue but the draping and folding on the shoulders is a bear to recreate. Luckily my sister gave me a bunch of fabric and it turns out she had some gray fabric that is exactly the same weight and kind of fabric as the fabric I bought (for the cape) so I'm currently working on a test cape that I'll attach to the harness to see if it works. Any ideas for folding/draping on the cape? I am really nervous on this part because how it drapes will determine the look of it.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)