I came across this thread a couple of weeks ago and have been chewing on the idea for the archive ever since. For a while I've been trying to figure out the best way to add an RSS feed to the site for story updates, and Twitter looks to be the easiest solution, with the bonus of Twittery goodness. So after trying a test and conferring with LabRat, @lcfanfic goes off into the world. Thanks much, Alisha, for the idea. smile It's not odd at all -- it's fantastic!

I'm just getting into Twitter myself, and it's amazing to think what people could be doing with it.

Alisha, I really like your idea about using social networking to make FoLCdom announcements. The part about Kerth messages sounds particularly interesting to me, especially because this year I was late posting links and info about the Kerths, so the archive visitors who don't frequent the message boards didn't get as early a heads-up.

It certainly would be cool to see some kind of general LnC fanfic Twitter group spring up, something that could cover the gamut of message boards, sites, lists and groups.

In doing some reading on Twitter in the last couple of weeks I came across a free (so far) Twitter intermediary service called HootSuite , which lets multiple people share a single Twitter account. That could be a handy tool for a fledgling Twitter group bringing together lots of tweeters.

We have a wiki? When did we get a wiki? Somebody have the URL for that? I could send out a tweet alerting archive readers. smile

Thanks again!

Lauren