...on Facebook or Twitter? Or on another platform I can't think of?

I know there are a few groups dedicated to FoLCs and Lois & Clark on Facebook, and that we now have our own Wiki, but I was wondering whether it would be a good idea to set up our own Facebook page or Twitter account for FoLCs to follow. We could use it to let FoLCs know about new fics and other productions on the boards or archive, Kerth news, and any other FoLCdom related announcements I can’t think of right now.

I'm aware that none of this would exactly be new, most of these items appear on these boards and I assume other FoLCs get the weekly fanfic updates land in their inbox as I do, but it would be a way to keep up with modern social networking.

After a quick search on both Twitter and Facebook, I found a few fandoms had started doing similar things, mainly on Twitter, although none really seemed to be up and running. So if FoLCdom did expand into these mediums, we would essentially be trailblazers. Either that, or it’s been tried and turned out to be a bad idea.

Of course, if no-one would be interested in setting-up and maintaining such accounts, or in following the fandom, such a venture would pointless. Any thoughts?

- Alisha (who sometimes has odd ideas like this, but normally keeps them to herself)