EditorJax wrote:
I'd argue this topic belongs in either off-topic or fic-related because it isn't related to the show -- considering it was canceled before we ever learned if they actually could have kids after all and also that this may be a sensitive topic to some people.
I take no position on which folder this discussion belongs to. But I do take the position that they had to be compatible somehow, because their descendants founded Utopia, from which H. G. Wells "rescued" Tempus, who has bedeviled our favorite couple in many stories beyond those arcs from the show. No kids, no Utopia, no Tempus, no "500 channels and nothing on TV!" It is fanon that their descendants have Kryptonian powers (either all of them or some of them or some who have bits and pieces of them), and that means that Lois and Clark had children.

As for adopting an infant from New Krypton, that's certainly possible, but there's no hint in the series canon that such a thing happened. Doesn't mean it didn't happen, of course, but I vote for Rocky Road and Spaghetti-O's! Twirl that fork and kiss her ice cream-chilled lips again, Clark!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing