Since in the globe messages we see the planet blow up when could any other manned ships been sent out.
Quite correct, this is a continuity break, or assume that Jor-El is unaware of the expedition, which seems rather unlikely, especially since he has married his son to one of the participants. However the show is plastered with such inconsistence’s, they only really bother me when I don´t care for the plot. laugh

Then there is the time problem for the colony. How did a ship holding enough people to populate a colony, find a suitable planet and build up said colony in 30 years. Also they talk about how difficult it is on New Krypton so how did they come by the specular palance ship.
Jor-El himself says they Krypton´s knowledge of the galaxy is extensive, and all is dependent on what kind of technology is available to them. For example in Star trek there is a replicator technology which allows humans to convert energy into any templated matter, whether a cup of coffee or a energy relay. Which simply makes them independent of any natural resources except the energy that powers the convertor.

What I find bad in this arch is all the cop outs.
All the lengthy discource about love, honor, duty and sacrifice, and whoops Clark is back in the next episode.

And I think they cheapened Zara´s character by not playing her straight. She didnt even try to make the arranged marriage work and when it comes to dynastic marriage alliances progeny is kind of the point.

I do know you, and I know you wouldn't lie... at least to me...most of the time...