I first found out about LnC:TNAOS when I was in my most intense comic-book reading period. I was so totally hooked on the Superman comics at this time, because Clark Kent had - finally!!!!! - proposed to Lois, and a few months later he had - finally!!!!! - revealed his double identity to Lois. And I was so itching for them to get married so that they could finally get together for real. I guess I must have learnt about LnC in early 1993, or whenever the first promotional pictures and ads for LnC started appearing. Naturally, I read about LnC in a Superman comic book. I saw pictures of Teri Hatcher and Dean Cain as Lois and Clark, and I marvelled at how perfect they looked as my two favorite reporters. This was the first picture I saw of them - sorry that this particular version of the picture is so small and dark - and I thought they looked adorable:

[Linked Image]

But then I read a bit more about what the Lois and Clark show would be like. And although I saw this picture many times, I realized that Lois and Clark would not be like this:

[Linked Image]

In this picture, Lois Lane is opening Clark's shirt, revealing him to be Superman (and just possibly she may be in the process of undressing Clark Kent a little bit more after that). But this was precisely what wouldn't happen in the show, at least not in the first season. Lois Lane soooo wouldn't know! And when I realized that, I somehow felt all my strength just leave me at the thought of being back to square one - after Clark had finally proposed and told Lois about his secret, now there is going to be a show where Clark hasn't proposed and Lois doesn't know and... no. No, no, no, no, no. Take it away from me. Don't torture me with this show. Not now!

So I actually made up my mind not to see that show, because I couldn't stand it that Lois wouldn't know! I had never seen the show at all before Mellie, Lara Joelle Kent, so very kindly lent me her CD collections of seasons 1-3. Mellie, I'll return them to you shortly, I promise....

I still don't like season one much. I don't want Lois to be so utterly stupid... she was never such a moron in the comics. And I hate seeing Clark being justified when he lies to her. frown

Jenn, I agree with you about most things you said.

The main reason why I hate Lois not knowing is because she's too damn smart and too damn good a reporter to be in the dark and be played for a fool. (Hey, she isn't my hero for nothing!)
Hear, hear!

And while I do think she should have figured it out sooner, I did like that she figured it out on her own, and he didn't tell her. I think that would have been even more crushing.
I have to agree with you there as well. I hate that Clark didn't tell her, but I think it would have been even worse if she had never been able to see through his disguise herself.

I agree that I liked the show a lot better when Lois had figured out Clark's secret!

The reason why I hang around these boards all the time is not because I love the portrait of Lois and Clark in the show - particularly not the first season portrait of Lois!!! - but because this is the only place where people come because they want to see Lois and Clark get together. And believe me, I'm all for that!!! clap clap clap

Ann