“Feeding me yourself, Lex? Don’t you have minions to do that sort of thing?”
You know... You would start with this and not Rachel's response! razz I'm only mad at myself, really, because for some reason I didn't see it coming. :rolleyes:

The mere fact that he was actually admitting things to her, too, confirmed that he intended to finish the job this time. Or neutralise her in some other, equally effective way.

She had to try not to let him see her fear. Even though it threatened to paralyse her. Even though she had never been so scared in her life before.
frown

Lex merely inclined his head. “Precisely, my dear. He cocked his head to one side then and smiled again. “Not that it was all a complete waste of time; I had few complaints about one aspect of our relationship. And neither, as I recall, did you.”
Is there a little graemlin that looks sort of green and sickly... kind of like it might get sick at any moment?

Lois barely heard the rest of what her husband said; she was unable to control her look of absolute revulsion at his reference to his marital rights. And in that same instant the facade of charm fell away from her husband’s face. A shiver ran through her at the viciousness in his suddenly ice-blue eyes.
eek

“Not so fast, guys.” Jill sat back in her chair, smiling in triumph. “Don’t underestimate your local doc here! I always take two samples,” she explained. “One goes off for testing. I keep the other, in case of any problems, like a mix-up at the lab - it does happen, though never at this one so far - or if I need to have a second test run to check a result.”
Oh thank god!!! I love you, Jill!!!

Clark’s Lois. He liked the sound of that. Only she wasn’t... yet. He just hoped that one day she would be.
Awww!!!

“I know that,” he said softly. Rachel definitely knew about him; he was sure of that now. “I’ll be careful. You know I can be.”
Awww!! She knows. smile

Inaccessible, of course, only to a man who couldn’t fly...
/me punches her fist in the air and cheers... then looks around, embarrassed... mutter onlyastory mutter...

Clark would be shot dead as soon as he set foot outside the door.
/me snickers and rummages around for that "Buy a Clue Jar".... *clink* *clink*

She only needed to get close enough.
Well good... but... don't you think Lex would be the type to have cameras? frown

Sara (who is getting sleepy... but will do her best to get through every part... well.. maybe half laugh )

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.