Kaylle, this was wonderful! [Linked Image]

Although I do like the fireside conversation in Ordinary People, this was definitely better. I love the two of them discussing all of this openly and honestly, even though it made them a little uncomfortable. And it came at a very appropriate time in their relationship: I was always surprised that the topic of their sexual pasts - and hence a need for Clark's "confession" - wouldn't have come up prior to Virtually Destroyed.

“Do you know what they say about Superman?” he asked, interrupting, and at last he raised his eyes to hers. There was quiet shame there, sorrow, and she reached to touch his shoulder. When she didn’t answer, he continued, “They have all sorts of theories. Making love on the ceiling... instant recovery... super-awareness of his lover’s responses, of what gives her the strongest pleasure... They’ve made him out to be the ultimate sexual partner.”
Oh my...these people must have been into the nfic... laugh

“Is that what you expect from me?” he asked after a moment, looking at her with anguish.

She raised an eyebrow. “Should I?” She’d taken enough steps onto this particular tightrope, and he’d used her confessions against her one too many times. She could see the tension in him, but she couldn’t keep up this cryptic exchange any longer.

Clark sighed, raising his hands in a gesture of defeat. “Honestly, Lois, I have no idea.”
Obviously this wasn't something that the show could explore... But assuming that there would be speculation in the tabloids about how Superman's superpowers would affect his sexual abilities - and of course there would be speculation - of course it would worry Clark.

This was beautifully written. Just beautiful. sloppy

Kathy

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5