Thanks for the comments, y'all! I was really worried that I was writing Lois too harshly to make her palatable. Like ethnica, I had many moments of dislike for season one Lois, particularly early on, but at the same time, I don't want to stretch the limits of the character too much. If it's any consolation, this is as bad as she gets.

Wendy, I hadn't thought about the no-competition clause, largely, I guess, because they didn't make an issue of it in "The Rival." Hmm. I suppose I'm going to have to handle that in the next part. wink

Lois is a woman on a mission. She just sees that Pulitzer and is oblivious to the consequences the expose might have.
Lois is so determined. She hasn't thought about the consequences of her actions.
Yup, that is key. Remember Lois is the woman who is prone to jumping in without checking the water level first. smile

It's only let us see a woman capable of anything for 15 min. of glory.
Hmm. Now this worries me because it's not entirely what I was going for. It's possible a future part will do more to flesh out Lois's motivations, but even at this point, I didn't want to portray Lois as Kato Kaelin. I suppose I'm going to wait until after I post the next part to make any changes. Maria, if you still feel this way about Lois, please let me know!