Well a topic I just read influenced me to post this. I'm not a great intellect on the English language (British, American, Canadian, Australian, South African, etc differences.... whatever) just to let you know or anything realting to the spoken or written word....so any insight would help me out.

"Help out on what?" You ask.

Well, I do not have immediate access to the episode so I cannot pin point the scene, also, I cannot rememmber the name, but it involves the Prankster.

Do you remember when Cat asks Lois whether she was scared and said Lois just had to be and it would be nice if she would admit it. Lois finally declared "I was alot scared".

I cannot stand the fact that she used the word alot in that context. To me she should have used very . To me that is so grammatically incorrect. I consulted with my English and linguistics prof while I was in University and they twitched at the usage.

Is this really right? Is it proper usage in the States? I'm from Canada. First Canadian born into a British family. .... with this I may out of the loop on something.

Or am I really sucking at word usage? I know some would be saying yes after reading my post.

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.