I was reading the rules (well, the FAQ) and it says only the stories with the most nominations get on the ballot. Does that mean if a favorite author who everybody reads gets 15 nominations but a newbie who only gets two nominations, being that their stories haven't been read a much, doesn't? If only five stories were nominated, the top contender getting 15 nominations and the lowest only two, I would hope that both stories would be included and the story with only 2 nominations wouldn't be dropped from the list. I had thought last year that one needed at least 2 nominations for a story to be nominated, which is why I double checked the FAQ, when Lynn asked her question. I ask this, because the FAQ says that the top 10 will be on the ballot, though in past years I believe it was only the top 5. Did I misread this?

I also read that a story can only be nominated in three categories. Good to know. I don't think I have any stories in 4 on my list, but I know several have hit at least 3 categories.

I'm sure people will be sure to read ALL the stories in a category before you do your final voting (just to be fair), right? laugh

EDIT: I have most of my list compiled, I was hoping for news on KB count for some of the stories which hadn't made it to the Archives yet, so I knew if it counted as a "Super Short", "Short", or "Mid-Length".

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.