Originally posted by John Lambert:
Originally posted by Jude:
[b] Didn't Lois/Lucy call Clark/Desi, Clarkie, in the daydream fantasy episode. Can't remember the name , but the phrase, "Clarkie, I just wannna be part of the action," keeps popping into my head.

smile Jude

dance
Well, I am 90% sure she calls him Clarkie. In the script we have on this site the line is "Oh, Clark-ieee. Lemme 'splain why they 'sploded..." Since they often changed lines from the scripts we have (either further revisions, or just ad libbing or messing up lines) I can't be totally sure she calls him Clarkie, but I am pretty sure she does. Of course this makes it even more "I Love Lucy"-ish since "Clarkie" is so much like "Ricky".

This is the opening scene of "Don't Tug on Superman's Cape." I have to say I liked the "I Love Lucy" part better than the "James Bond" and "Dragnet" parts. [/b]
From the script:

The phone RINGS shrilly. The wires POP from the clock.

LOIS
Uh-oh.

HYSTERICAL AUDIENCE. Jonathan and Martha BLOW UP in a comic "flashpot" explosion. Lois stands dazed and smoke-smudged. Superman wears that wild-eyed, eyebrows to the ceiling look Ricky made famous. As the smoke clears --

SUPERMAN
AY, CARAMBA! You 'sploded them.

LOIS
(patented Lucy whine)
Oh, Clark-ieee. Lemme 'splain why they 'sploded...

The phone continues to RING!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon