I have this problem when I write multiple versions of the same character (which is the case with the Superman universe.) Each of them has a slightly different take/attitude about a situation and sometimes the "voice" for one gets mingled into another. For example, when I'm writing an LnC story I sometimes hear the voice of a different version (Margot/Reeveverse!Lois tends to be the most vocal) and I find myself stopping and thinking "would this version of Lois say it like that? How can I re-write this to make it more in character?

I suspect the differences in "voices" are in part due to writing and in part to the adlib that actors/actresses sometimes bring to their role. Just wondering if others have this problem.

ftr, when I talk about a particular "muse" (i.e. the Margot!Lois for example) I'm usually talking about a particular "voice" of the character.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)